Where I live, there has not been a support group within 90 miles. A few months ago, a group was started. In 4 months, 2 groups were cancelled. I am frustrated that first we had none, and then the one we have is not consistant. Also not well advertised.

Does anyone have information on beginning a group. I know how to do groups but I am wondering more about the format of this type of group. I would appreciated any and all information. Thanks

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that Glen is a member of a support group that seems pretty sucessful and active.  There is a professional theapist involved whom Glen has great respect for, she works at the rehab center associated with the hospital in Glen's area. 

Hi Mary groups are fun to start but can be a lot of work, dont get frustrated if it takes time to build thats just how it works, here is a link to our support group facilitator pages we have a how to manual, with group topics guide lines we use operate groups new letters, facilitator tools, support group topics, start up manual, personal futures planing for tbi training webinars and more currently we fund and support 30 groups in washington state and support and collaborate with 83 others all over including canada, mexico and GB any questions you might have you are welcome to call and ask 888-308-6804 and you are welcome to join in our training webinars every 4th weds 3 to 4PM pacific time i will get you the link to the next one

Craig

https://sites.google.com/a/brainenergysupportteam.org/bisgnsite

Mary,,,, I  did  visit   with  my   re-hab  friend,  and   theripst,   and   she  suggested   contacting   your   State  Brain  Injury  Association  for  instruction  on   forming  a     group....  As  I  have  said  before,   I  feel  very   spoiled,  as   "they"   had  me   interacting  with  a   group  even  while  in   re-hab...  as  a  babe  you may  say,,,,,  I  have  always  known  the    care,  love,   guidence,   instruction,  and  correction  of   my   theripists,  and  fellow   suvivors...   So  I  highly  recomend   help  from  your  local   association  and   Hospital,   so  as  to  keep  the   focus  of  the  support  group   on  a  positive  note, and  also   noticable  to  the  public ( in  new  paper, and  such )  so   the  awareness   of  tbi  is   noticed  in  the    local  community....   Please  pardon  my  spelling,   I  have  been  up  since    4:30   plowing  snow  and  feeding  my  animals,   now  it  is  time   for   breakfast  my  self....  You  are  a   dear  Mary,  and  your  care  for  others   shows...    Let  me  know  how  it  goes, and  the   best  of  success  to  you   and  those  in  your  area.....   your  friend,  always,   glen

did you start it

RSS

Coming Soon

click-to-call from the web

Latest Activity

Kim Justus posted a status
"Can HBOT help your Brain Injury? Find out tonight on my show Recovery Now. See details at the Brain Injury Radio Group! Fantastic Show."
5 hours ago
Les Paul posted a status
yesterday
TBI Survivors Network updated an event
Thumbnail

Burried Alive - No room no breathe - Hosted by Craig Sicilia at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/braininjuryradio/2014/04/15/just-another-manic-monday--hosted-by-craig-sicilia

April 21, 2014 at 7pm to July 7, 2014 at 10pm
click here to listen live at 7PM pacific timeor call in to listen and to talk424-243-9540424-243-9540 or 855-473-3711855…See More
yesterday
Profile IconTBINetwork via Facebook
Thumbnail

HeadStrong is excited to present at the Washington State TBI Conference, Monday April 28th with Desiree Douglass, Cheryl Green, Dani Sanderson, Bobbi-jo Marlin, Kory Christiansen, and Kris Christiansen ! We'll be playing music, video, and…

See More
Facebookyesterday · Reply
Thumbnail

HeadStrong is participating in Seattle Foundation's GIVE BIG DAY on May 6th! Seattle Foundation will maximize your contribution to HeadStrong on May 6th!

GIVE BIG 2014

Where do you see…

See More
Donna Robinson left a comment for Lynn
"Welcome Lynn :` )  I am looking into the Brain Injury Support Group Facilitator idea too! Interesting. What are your ideas? There seems to be some things missing from the group I have been going to so I'm working on a questionnaire to hand…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

finally a game that teaches and students remember the great history of the disability community

TBI NETWORK

FINALLY DISABILITY HISTORY THAT WORKS

0:57

Thumbnail

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS SUFFERED BRAIN INJURY? Concussion, Contusion, Axonal Injury, Closed Head Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, Acquired Brain Injury, Anoxia, Hypoxia, Dementia, Tumor, Stroke, Aneurysm, Amnesia, Parkinsons Ds, Brain…

See More

© 2014   Created by TBI Survivors Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service