connecting the world one person at a time
Remember you are living with a brain injury and things process differently and carry more of a emotional impact. And if you think about many survivors have experienced great loss, loss of family, friends, our homes and jobs and even ourselves. Being the time to reflect and remoteness it shouldn't surprise anyone that it is so difficult on survivors and even their families have a very hard time.
Here are a couple of tips to make the holidays flow smoother
1. Don't over stimulate your self, set good boundaries and exit plans to leave the stimulation
2. Do not overindulge in alcohol and other substances remember many them selves and depressants.
3. Plan things that you enjoy
4. Support groups are huge they are a positive re enforcement you are not alone
5. When you have had enough you have had enough be good to yourself and use you exit plan
6. The past is just that the past we must learn to leave in the PRESENT it is a gift
Really good advice. Have family coming later this week and am starting to stress about it. That and just trying to 'do it' all...
Going to work very hard at being PRESENT. Thank you!