Hyperbaric medicine, also known as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), is the medical use of oxygen at a level higher than atmospheric pressure. (article - Wikipedia)

How do you feel and think about HBOT?  Your experiences.  Pros, cons, other.

Is the cost of HBOT worth it?  How long did it take to see any results at all?  Did you try HBOT (for a fee) and find it did not work at all?  What are the actual benefits to HBOT?

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't tried HBOT, but my neurologist tested me for sleep apnea.  You can get oxygen while you sleep if you have sleep apnea.  I had some breathing problems, but it turned out to be due to an inner ear infection.  I hit my head on the R side and had a lot of ear issues (vertigo and fluid build up).  After I got the fluid out of my ear with an EarDoc device (see Youtube) the breathing problems went away. 

I went on Amantadine for concentration/memory problems and this seems to be working well. My neurologist said that I can stay on it for the rest of my life if I need to.

RSS

Latest Activity

Hillbilly replied to Hillbilly's discussion I can't get chat to work!
"Under blogs hit chat, then on the left under the red TBINETWORK enter the main room there"
Thursday
donna robinson updated their profile
Wednesday
john replied to Hillbilly's discussion I can't get chat to work!
"... and where do I find this ‘main room’ tab ?"
Wednesday
Hillbilly replied to Hillbilly's discussion I can't get chat to work!
"Hello Donna, We need to click main room to enter chat.  I always try to stop in at 2p and 9:30p est.  It doesn't show chatters in the room so be sure to say something. See ya there! Hillbilly"
Wednesday
john and Donna R are now friends
Tuesday
Donna R replied to Hillbilly's discussion I can't get chat to work!
"Hi. wow, have not been here in a while. It's actually confusing and difficult for me. when I log in, chat comes up by itself saying "groups" or also "main room." I searched for your name and could not find you. maybe…"
Tuesday
Donna R updated their profile
Tuesday
mori walts updated their profile
Oct 13

Members

© 2018   Created by TBI Survivors Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service