All Discussions Tagged 'TBI' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The dirty little secret: Having a High IQ TBI

Yes, I am going to talk about the dirty little secret of having a high IQ. You may have one and not know it. If you do, you are facing som…

Started by Emerson

21 Nov 1, 2013
Reply by Papa

Brain injury and yoga?

Does anyone have an experience doing yoga post injury? If you have, have you noticed any positive effects?

Started by Janna M Leyde

11 May 20, 2013
Reply by Cheryl Green

Searching for TBI survivors in Yakima, WA area to start a support group

I am a long-term survivor of a severe impact TBI. I am looking for others in the Yakima, WA area who might be interested in forming a suppo…

Started by Kat Z

21 Dec 30, 2012
Reply by George Campos Methola

My parent is TBI survivor - anyone else have a parent with a brain injury??

Help me publish my book - a book about growing with a parent who is a TBI survivor. Just visit http://www.pubslush.com/books/id/34 and hope…

Started by Janna M Leyde

0 Sep 17, 2012

My Dad has a TBI - Anyone else have a parent with a brain injury?

If you are out there, I'd love to talk to you. I've written a book about my experience. His accident happened when I was 14 (severe frontal…

Started by Janna M Leyde

1 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Mario Wong

Fighting With an Invisible Injury

When I go out in public, at times, people have been harsh, insensitive and mean. I realize they can’t see my disability, I just smiled at…

Started by Debbie Wilson

9 Dec 20, 2011
Reply by Debbie Wilson

online resources on mild TBI aka concussion

Everyone, please add your ideas about blogs, websites, and informational videos about mild TBI. We need help explaining to people that what…

Started by Cheryl Green

0 Dec 9, 2011

New here. Greetings.

I don't know what the protocol is, so I guess I'll just introduce myself.  I've had 2 accidental head injuries, the first when I was just 1…

Started by Joani Burtard

5 Sep 24, 2011
Reply by Mary Helsel

Gray's Harbor Support!!!

Morin' everyone! I am new to the Gray's Harbor area... Anyone know of a GOOD support group, DR, Neuro and so forth in the area?   IF NOT?  …

Started by BARB GEORGE

0 Jul 20, 2011

Music

As I relearned what I could with a damaged mind and body I began writing music, something I hadn't done before.  This began years after my…

Started by tbi

17 May 13, 2011
Reply by tbi

RSS

Latest Activity

Charles Thomas Wild replied to Casey's discussion Dysautonomia..do u feel you live in a separate realm?
"Casey - I do believe I can relate to small aspects of what you are discussing.  When you say it really interferes with your concentration levels, I can understand parts of that.  I was born with Inattentive ADHD due to a non-normal, three…"
2 hours ago
Profile IconTBINetwork via Facebook
Thumbnail

WHERE ARE YOU LIVING AT

Facebook10 hours ago · Reply
Casey posted a discussion

Dysautonomia..do u feel you live in a separate realm?

I'd like to know if anyone also has dysautonomia spells after their TBI. Most doctors/ therapist think it's a foggy symptom I'm describing, but actually I encountered a therapist who agrees with even MTBI dysautonomia can be present and sometimes a…See More
11 hours ago
Casey commented on Matt Ioerger's blog post Finally back. D.A.I. T.B.I.,broken back, lacerated spleen, broken ribs 2 month coma to full recovery.
"Matt congrats on your hard work and fight! And as a new and better Matt :) I can only imagine how hard it must have been. Thanks for the post and encouragement. I'm almost 6 month out from my SIS TBI and it's encouraging to hear your story…"
11 hours ago
Casey commented on Casey's blog post Light at end of tunnel
"Thanks James! What a blessing it was to read your post because this past week I had a few "lows" as I'm sure you know about these days. I found myself questioning again why God let me live through my accident as I sit on my porch in…"
11 hours ago
James Ornellas commented on Casey's blog post Light at end of tunnel
"Keep your head up. It does get better over time, but you have to be patient and you have to work at strengthening your mind, while allowing (and I stress this) it to recover. I am five years removed from a moderate TBI and spinal cord…"
12 hours ago
Profile IconTBINetwork via Facebook
Facebook14 hours ago · Reply
Profile IconSteve Shaw, Thomas James Clark II and Tina Mendoza are attending TBI Survivors Network's event
Thumbnail

Harder than Life - New Beginnings- Hosted by Craig Sicilia at world wide web and streaming audio

September 1, 2014 at 7pm to March 25, 2015 at 10pm
HARDER THAN LIFENew Beginnings Life after Brain InjuryHosted by Craig SiciliaAfter a brain injury life is…See More
15 hours ago

Coming Soon

click-to-call from the web

© 2014   Created by TBI Survivors Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service